Saturday, September 10th, 2o11
September is harvest time around here and we love it. This class kicks off our fall schedule of classes with a look towards the food of Spain and Portugal.. These are two areas of the world we love for their bold flavours and rustic cooking styles. We will focus our efforts on bringing new flavours and techniques into your daily cooking and creating simple and flavourful products that will work for many different meals. In addition we will look at ways to preserve the harvest from the foods we will produce.
- Peasant cooking in Spain and Portugal
- Care and handling of the garden bounty
- Grilled Beans with Romesco Sauce
- New Potatoes with olive, garlic and smoked paprika
- Champinones al ajillo (mushrooms with garlic and sherry)
- Casserole of roasted peppers, tomatoes and beans with a bread crumb crust
- Eggplant fritters with wildflower honey and lemon
This is a hands-on class that includes cooking demo, recipes and tasting portions.
$100/person (plus Tax)