Wild Food Experiences
Join renown chef, author and mycologist Bill Jones as he leads you on a unique wild food experience. Forage food display, show and tell, guided forage and a delicious meal to top it all off.
Join us in 2016 for wild food forages in the spring (edible plants and morel mushrooms) and fall (wild mushrooms).
Foraging Gift Certificates are available. The cost per person is $135 plus GST.
Fall Wild Mushroom Foraging Workshops:
- Wild Mushroom Foraging, Saturday, September 24th
- Wild Mushroom Foraging, Saturday, October 1st
- Wild Mushroom Weekend – Foraging Saturday, October 8th and Mushroom Cooking Class Sunday, October 9th (Thanksgiving Long Weekend)
The course is a fun day exploring the wild mushroom`s of the Cowichan Valley. We start with an informative talk in our farm classroom, sample some unique wild food dishes and then head out on to the Trans-Canada Trail which runs by the farm. After a nice walk through beautiful and productive farmlands and forest we will identify wild mushrooms and habitat along the way. We will return to the farm for a unique dessert based on local foraged foods.
Foraging Workshop Cost:
$135/person (total with GST = $141.75/person or $283.50/couple)
Wild Food Weekend Cost:
$215/person (total with GST = $225.75/person or $451.50/couple)
Foraging: $135/person (plus tax = $141.75/person or $283.50/couple)
Mushroom Cooking: $100/person (plus tax = $105/person or $210.00/couple)
Private Cooking/Foraging Class (afternoon):
- Minimum charge $400 (1-2 students)
- $150/person (3-4 students)
- $135/person (5-6 students)
- $150/person (min. 6 students) for a foraging/cooking and dinner event
- Special dinners and ingredients (ie. truffles) available
Call 250 748-7450
Please sign up for our newsletter for updates or you can contact us below for reservations or questions.