Saturday, March 10th, 2o12
12 noon – 5:00 pm
Cooking with Cultivated and Medicinal Mushrooms
Mushrooms have been used as a tonic and medicine for centuries. China and Japan where the first to explore the effects of fungi on well-being and longevity. This class looks at the range of mushrooms available in our local market and shows you the inside scoop on purchasing, storing, preparing and dining on these health promoting mushrooms. This class is a Vegetarian friendly class with vegan dishes available on request.
- Primer on locally available mushrooms – at least 10 varieties
- Care and handling of fresh and dried mushrooms
- Longevity Tea – mushroom and ginger broth
- Hand-made Mushroom Pasta with garlic and rosemary
- Tempura Enoki Mushrooms and Green onions with dipping sauce
- Grilled Oyster Mushroom Skewers with apple chutney
- Risotto cakes with mushrooms, roasted garlic and Blue cheese
This is a hands-on class that includes cooking demo, recipes and tasting portions.
$100/person plus HST (includes, all materials, recipe and tasting meal)
For reservations and questions call Bill at 250 748-7450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org